Car detailing involves a series of services on your car to restore its original look. Having had your car for a while, it is bound to wear and tear, loose its glossy new look and get dirt on the interior and fabrics. A regular car wash focuses on the exterior of the car removing loose dirt but does not address the waxing or torn interior fabrics.
The moment you notice the wax on your car fade or stubborn dirt on your car seats, it is time to get a car detailing service. These are the services to expect:
- Seat, floor carpet and mat upholstery and shampooing
- Interior vacuuming, engine and trunk cleaning
- Interior fabric treatment and restoration
- Exterior waxing and polishing to cover cracks and crevices. Waxing is recommended twice a year to maintain your car’s beautiful look.
- Windshield and glass repair
- Headlight restoration on old and cloudy headlights that impair your vision at night.
- Dent repair
- Paint on chipped and scratched surfaces
It is possible to do your car detailing in phases, however any part of your car left neglected will affect the overall objective of the car detailing. These are the benefits of car detailing:
- Preserve the original look of the car. A well-preserved car will serve you for longer leaving you satisfied. It also reflects well on you driving around with a car looking as good as new despite the years of service. Car detailing helps preserve the original look of the car whose aesthetic value must have been a key selection aspect during purchase.
- Restore worn out parts, paint and fabrics. The interior of your car is equally important as the exterior. Dirt and dust may diminish the look on your interior fabrics. With time the seat covers will tear or get permanent stains leaving a distasteful look. Besides cleaning and restoring the fabrics for aesthetic value, it is healthy to keep your interiors clean and germ free.
- Increase and uphold the value of your car. If you spent a fortune to buy your car, regular car detailing upholds the value of your car fetching a good amount on resale.
- Increased safety. Car detailing services will rid your car of any safety concerns such as dim lights, broken windshield or faulty engine. With all these aspects checked and fixed, your car is safe for use to you and other road users.
Car detailing services are sometimes perceived as an intensive cleaning service. Besides cleaning, car detailing involves a check up on your engine and other functionalities repairing and restoring those found faulty or damaged. Car detailing goes beyond beautifying your car as it also focuses on safety and customization on both interiors and exteriors. The prices range depending on the scope of services which can be outlined by a professional car expert. If you intend to keep your car looking and performing its best, a regular detail service is paramount.